Rolling Stones, Let it bleed (Decca 1969) e Sticky fingers (Virgin 1971)

Risentiti a ciclo continuo nel fine settimana, sotto un cielo che cambiava colori e forme senza dare tregua. "Wild horses", "You can't always get what you want", "Gimmie shelter", la cover di "Love in vain" di Robert Johnson.

"Well I followed her to the station
With a suitcase in my hand
Yeah, I followed her to the station
With a suitcase in my hand
Whoa, it’s hard to tell, it’s hard to tell
When all your love’s in vain

When the train come in the station
I looked her in the eye
Well the train come in the station
And I looked her in the eye
Whoa, I felt so sad so lonesome
That I could not help but cry

When the train left the station
It had two lights on behind
Yeah, when the train left the station
It had two lights on behind
Whoa, the blue light was my baby
And the red light was my mind

All my love was in vain
All my love’s in vain".

Non e' uno dei testi piu' emozionanti della storia della musica?

Commenti

Unknown ha detto…
uno dei testi piu' emozionanti..? erhm..ci andrei piano .. Il testo di Wild Horses e' molto piu' emozionante! ..
"I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom but I don’t have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let’s do some living after we die
Wild horses couldn’t drag me away"
Fabio ha detto…
Grandissimo infatti. E "Wild horses" forse e' il piu' commovente del repertorio degli Stones. Pero' credo che la semplicita' del blues e del folk originali siano di un lirismo mai superato. In pochi versi Robert Johnson e' riuscito a farci sentire dentro di noi tutta l'amarezza per una storia d'amore che finisce, con un'essenzialita' che rende le sue emozioni davvero universali.